At the Collaborative Research Centre (SFB) Transregio 294 “The Structural Transformation of Property”, which is hosted at the Universities of Jena and Erfurt, the following academic research position is advertised at the University of Erfurt, part of the project “Divine property: Solutions from Late Antiquity and the Early Middle Ages”. (Project leaders: Proff. Dres. Jörg Rüpke and Markus Vinzent)
The part-time position (26 hours per week) is available as soon as possible.
1 Research assistant Pay category E 13 TV-L (65 %)
Field of work
• Participation in the research tasks as well as the preparation and realization of events of the interdisciplinary Collaborative Research Centre "The Structural Change of Property" (https://www.uni-erfurt.de/max-weber-kolleg/forschung/forschungsgruppen-undstellen/forschungsgruppen/sonderforschungsbereich-transregio-294-strukturwandel-des-eigentums) • Work on project A1b „Ancient and late antique ideas of Divine property“ within the Collaborative Research Centre.
The successful applicant will investigate in particular the question to what extent thinking about divine property and God/Gods as owners changed the concepts and forms of human property. For this purpose, rhetorical texts of imperial and late antique (Christian) orators/preachers will be analyzed with regard to their concepts and forms of argumentation. They will be interpreted against the background of and with respect to their impact on contemporary sacral, social, and economic practices.
• willingness to pursue a doctorate Requirements
• excellent degree (Master or equivalent) in one of the following disciplines: Religious Studies, Classics, Ancient History or Patristics/Early Church History
• knowledge of Latin or (preferably: and) Greek
• methodical reflectiveness of the thesis
• willingness to engage with the methods and concepts of the Collaborative Research Centre “The Structural Transformation of Property”
• documented interest in pursuing a doctorate in an interdisciplinary research environment Comments/Remarks www.uni-erfurt.de
The position is available as soon as possible and will end on 31/12/2024. This call for applications is addressed to applicants who meet the requirements of the German law on temporary scientific contracts. General conditions of employment of the Thuringian University Act (Thüringer Hochschulgesetz, ThürHG) § 91 pass. 5 apply. The University of Erfurt is an equal opportunity employer in compliance with the Thuringian Equal Opportunities Act (Thüringer Gleichstellungsgesetz). The vacancy notice is addressed equally to male, female or diverse applicants. Women are underrepresented in the advertised area and are therefore particularly encouraged to apply. Applicants Applicants with disabilities are given preference in cases of equal qualification.
Application Deadline Please submit your application with CV, copies of your final school and university degrees, a copy of your MA or diploma thesis, and an outline of the project you would like to pursue (5 pages) as pdf-files (maximum of 15 MB) by 20 January 2021 to: University of Erfurt, Max-Weber-Kolleg, Postfach 90 02 21
• 99105 Erfurt email@example.com
For the electronic submission of your application, please find the necessary encrypting certificate with the public key for secure transmissions to the e-mail address given below under https://www.uni-erfurt.de/personal-und-recht/ausschreibungen, listed under the respective Call for Applications. Secure transmission of your data cannot be warranted if you do not make use of this encrypting method. In sending your application files in electronic form, you agree to having your e-mail scanned for harmful coding, viruses and spam, to the temporary saving of the necessary data of your correspondence and to the conducting of further correspondence via e-mail without further encryption. By submitting your application, you also agree to the further processing of the submitted personal data within the application process. This agreement can be withdrawn at any point in written or electronic form, without specifying your reasons. Please note that withdrawal of your agreement may lead to your application not being further considered for the position applied for. All further regulations regarding data privacy according to Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 may be found under https://www.uni-erfurt.de/personal-und-recht/ausschreibungen/ (download Data Protection Information for Applicants). Notice The University of Erfurt does not refund any costs incurred in the application process.